Let your home stay warm with Room in Roof Insulation
Roughly 25% of heat is lost through the roof.
If you use your loft as an additional room, you can keep your home warmer and save up to £240 a year on energy bills by getting it efficiently insulated.
Without this insulation, the room in roof will be highly susceptible to seasonal temperature This will cause the rest of the house to suffer from heat loss. This will overexert your heating system, which in turn will inflate your energy bill
Frequently Asked Questions.
RIRI (Room In Roof) Insulation enables you to insulate the sloping surfaces of your roof using sheet insulation, rather than insulating the floor.
Installing Loft Insulation results in:
- A low cost, high performance insulation measure.
- Reduced heat loss and CO2 emissions.
- Lower energy bills.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
- Protection against mould, and condensation.
- Improved Weather proofing and impact resistance.
- Improved draught proofing.
- Higher energy performance ratings.
- Increased property value.
There are certain requirements that are needed in order to qualify an area as a “room in roof”. Some of these are:
- Permanent stairs lead up to the area not collapsible ladders or anything similar that isn’t fixed.
- The room isn’t another storey of the house. The height of the room should be around 50% of the height of the lower rooms of the house or not over 1.8 meters.
- It is not a DIY project. This is a job for a specialist to ensure proper ventilation and fire protection.
- The roof should be totally intact – no damage or weak points of any kind. This will avoid mould, rot, flaking timbers & unreliable electrical connections that can cause safety hazards.
- The area should already be damp-proofed.
The cost of installing Loft Insulation can vary depending on the condition of your loft, the type of insulation system currently installed, and the size of your property.
To get an accurate estimate of the cost of installation, fill out our Grant Application Form
Infinity Energy Organisation can help you finance the installation of Loft Insulation with easy monthly payments.
Book an appointment with one of our energy saving advisors and we’ll find out if you’re eligible for ECO grant funding: 0203 638 4030