Infinity Energy Organisation recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact. We seek continuous improvements to our environmental performance as an integral part of our management and business strategy. We are committed to regular (at least annual) reviews and revisions of this policy. We encourage our installers to do the same.
Our business aim is to meet all registration requirements and achieve compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
We endeavor to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• Keep reducing our environmental impact.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• We will minimize the use of paper in the office.
• We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
• We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
• We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and Water
• We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
•Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
• Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
• The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
• We will evaluate whether our needs can be met in other less environmentally damaging ways.
• We will evaluate the environmental benefits of renting or sharing equipment as an option before purchasing outright.
• We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
• We will seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products.
• We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to do.
• We will reduce the need to travel, restricting travel to necessary journeys only.
• We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video-conferencing.
• We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
Monitoring and Improvement
• We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
• We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
• We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
• We will take account of environmental factors when making business decisions.
• We will increase employee awareness through training.
• Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
• We will only use licenced and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste and make sure sub-contractors are also doing the same.
• We will involve staff and sub-contractors in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
• We will update this policy at least annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
• We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
• We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
• We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.