Environmental and Sustainability Policy
It is essential that sustainable development and environmental management are at the core of all activities in Infinity Energy Organisation.
Infinity Energy Organisation endeavours to be a major contributor to society’s efforts to achieve sustainability through:
• the environment in which its staff work
• the skills and knowledge that they acquire and put into practice and
• its own strategies and operations.
Meeting the needs of the present, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Sustainable development must address environmental, economic and social factors and the interrelationships between them.
Surrounding conditions, influences or forces, by which living forms are influenced and modified in their growth and development.
The objectives of this policy are to:
• Ensure that all environmental risks are assessed, managed and controlled
• Promote and adopt best practice within Infinity Energy Organisation and its business
• Maintain and develop Infinity Energy Organisation in a sustainable manner
• Keep the staff and stakeholders informed on matters of the environment
• Develop good working relationships with relevant external authorities and bodies
• Develop managers and staff by providing training and information on environmental management and sustainability.
Infinity Energy Organisation recognises the importance of the role it has to play in the environmental stewardship of its organisation and in promoting principles of sustainability in its business activities.
Infinity Energy Organisation will manage and control its environmental risks in a sustainable manner by complying with relevant legislation and adopting, where appropriate, best practice.
Infinity Energy Organisation will also endeavour to integrate the principles of sustainability into its strategies, policies and procedures.
In accordance with the policy statement Infinity Energy Organisation will:
Control its environmental risks:
• Meet the requirements of environmental legislation and commit to a process of continual environmental improvement.
Promote and adopt best practice:
• Establish environmental controls to set targets and indicators, measure environmental performance and report progress.
• Promote and adopt sustainable initiatives.
Maintain and develop Infinity Energy Organisation in a sustainable manner:
• Develop a sustainable procurement policy to ensure social, ethical and environmental scrutiny of products and services whilst achieving best value.
• Maximize energy efficiency, use of renewable resources and use of low carbon technology.
• Minimize waste generation and facilitate repair, re-use and recycling over disposal of wastes.
• Maintain biodiversity and enhance environment of organisation.
• Promote sustainable travel to and from Infinity Energy Organisation.
• Promote continual improvement in maintenance practices and establish sustainability guidelines for internal and external design teams and contractors working on new and existing projects.
Communicate with and inform the Infinity Energy Organisation staff and stakeholders:
• Provide information via the internal consultation group.
Working with external authorities and bodies:
• Develop good working relationships with all relevant external authorities.
• Develop links with appropriate environmental bodies and associations.
• Report any incidents as required.
Development of managers and staff:
• Provide appropriate training and/or information to staff as required.
Current activities in support of our Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Infinity Energy Organisation is continuing its commitment to the environment which is very important to us as an organisation and is also valued by the people we employ and others we engage with. We occupy a building that has been designed with the latest technology to make best use of natural light and energy. We’re committed to the reduction of our carbon footprint and minimizing our impact as a company on the environment.
Environmental measures include:
• Energy (Electrical & Gas) is supplied on a green tariff.
• Energy efficient Ventilation System with free cooling and heat recovery systems.
• Energy efficient lighting systems with occupancy sensors.
• Energy efficient lamps thought out the building.
• The building is designed to use the optimum amount of natural daylight to reduce energy consumption.
• Maximizing our use of environmentally aware suppliers.
• Recycling of printers and fax toners.
• Recycling all our general waste to an energy plant that supplements electrical power supplies to the London area and ensuring we send nothing to landfill sites.
• Shredding and recycling all our paper waste.
• Recycling all redundant electrical equipment securely as required for safe environment.