Community Housing Grants - CHG
We have been allocated government funding to invest in the promotion of, and enabling the delivery of, community led housing.
The Community Housing Grants Scheme supports the project costs of community organisations that need some revenue support to deliver community led housing projects in their area.
Grants may be used:
- To help set up a group.
- For organisations to attend training to learn new skills.
- For costs associated with carrying out consultation to gauge public opinion.
- As a contribution towards fees in connection with the progression of a development – site survey costs, for example:
The main aim of the Government funding is to enable new affordable homes to be built through community led housing projects.
Applications not directly connected with the delivery of new Affordable homes through Community Led Development are not eligible for this fund.
Find out if you're Eligible
To be eligible for the scheme, you must:
- Are seeking the grant to support the delivery of affordable Homes via a community led development project
- The local community must be integrally involved in making key decisions throughout the project
- A community organisation must play a long term role in ownership, management or stewardship of the homes
- Benefits to the local area and / or specified community must be clearly defined and legally protected in perpetuity
- The homes to be provided will be genuinely affordable and occupied by people unable to meet their housing needs in the private market.
What kinds of activities will be funded?
The grant must be used to pay for clearly defined costs associated with projects which demonstrate a direct link to the delivery of a community led housing project.
Applicants are expected to provide accurate costs/quotes for costs in the application form. We reserve the right to request evidence to support the accuracy of the project costs outlined in your application to ensure the project meets the eligibility criteria.
How much funding is available per property?
There is no minimum grant level. Organisations may only make one application within the grant round.
Get your CHG home grants now!
Your warm, energy-efficient dream home is just one online form away.
Just type in your details in the application form and we’ll get you the
affordable CHG funding that you’re eligible for.
We’ll even handle the inspection of your home and the installation of your product!